Welcome to the trail!

This is a roundabout story of one family who's traveled the trails from dust, to dirt, to the fast lane. I happen to be the teller of our tales. Thanks for joining us for the trip.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Family Tree



It seems appropriate and helpful to include a tree of some kind outlining where this pilgrimage is headed.  Ergo, here it is.  The red and blue entries veer from the maternal line to give both parental links because in my book I include something about them along with all the families listed in black print. In a future post, I'll include a more precise family picture of the Porter, Kennedy, Dunlap line. Governor James D. Porter left many letters, etc. and much has been archived with Tennessee's Department of Archives and History. The letters  I have, and  the documents  by one prominent historian and another by a poet and feminist of the day have never been published or seen as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment