Welcome to the trail!

This is a roundabout story of one family who's traveled the trails from dust, to dirt, to the fast lane. I happen to be the teller of our tales. Thanks for joining us for the trip.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tiptoeing In

Well. This is my entrance onto the highway encircling time and lives from the days of dust to the present din of fast paced travels. I'll be adding editions to this labyrinth and by the end, will have covered a few centuries using letters, documents, photos...all in my personal collection of family archives. They say the Southern Bypass outside Montgomery, Alabama, takes a traveller quickly around and out of town, sometimes a good thing. But I say it misses the heart of the town, the town I know as home, the town my ancestors knew as home when they were among the earliest settlers in the town by the river. First edition coming soon, notwithstanding the holidays. Talk about fast paced travels! This should be fun and I hope to have some traveling companions who don't have the need to travel fast or direct my path. Hmmm. I may be traveling solo. Well, except for the old guys who'll give the direction I need to make this journey possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment